Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Recital

Bethany has been hounding me for weeks (silently, but I know she's waiting) to post and I've been telling her how there's nothing to write about. Well, I forgot to write about a fun recital we held at our house a few weeks ago. My talented fried Margaret teaches piano and violin to some great kids in our neighborhood. They wanted a chance to perform and we have a pretty good space for it with our dining room/living room set up for ward choir practice, so they decided to have it here and let our girls play in the recital too.



The violinists (the girls played separately as well).  I heard the two M kids play soon after they started lessons and was so amazed at the progress they have made since then.  I love the way Margaret has found songs for W that are boyish and interesting.



This was Ella's first-ever performance.  She told me beforehand that she was too scared to play in front of all those people, but when it was her turn she just waltzed right up to the piano and did a great job.  I love the way she dances along to the music even as she is playing it.



This brother & sister have been taking piano and they're doing well too.  I hope it will encourage my girls to stick with it to see so many friends doing the same thing.



Sarah had played some duets with her piano teacher's son that afternoon for judges at a local music store, and had finished an hour long piano lesson, so she had quite the musical day.  She played one of her duets (Kate and Ella had heard it so many times over the weeks that they just naturally started singing along with the words they've made up for it and I had to shush them).  She also played Jump!  (the song she made up).  It has been a really good experience to play with this other little boy (not Allen, who played with her at the recital), because she's really had to learn to listen and adjust to his sometimes halting playing.  She's really got some great musical skills and her teacher has been wonderful in helping her progress.  Yeah for music teachers!

1 comment:

  1. I love that they made up words! I wish you had video for this. Sweet little scared Ella. She looks so long!

    ReplyDelete