Monday, May 7, 2007

Superstar Sarah

Today was Sarah's spring Program at school. They did such a good job. I'll try to upload the video for your watching enjoyment. None of my photos was even halfway decent. Maybe I need to get me a better camera for things like this. The video camera is being weird too. Why can't things just work? Anyway Sarah was full of energy and enthusiasm and it was so much for to watch her up there having fun with her class. It has been a great year for her at Challenger. They've really nurtured her and given her a lot of excitement for learning and reading. I love the way they integrate music into the classroom and do lots of art. The uniform thing is a big blessing too. No arguments about what to wear, no protracted decisions making everyone late. We have enough uniform items that there is always something clean and there are other way to individuate (2 piggytails today) -- hair, shoes, tie/not, tights/socks, etc. It has been a great experience.

She is a great little reader (taking a huge load off us since she can read to her sisters to keep them happy while we're busy. She doesn't really fight about doing her nightly math homework or piano practicing (when I remember to remind her). She tries to be helpful. My only real complaint is that she is gone so long every day. She's never home much before 4pm. With soccer and dance and homework and piano, there are not very many daylight hours when she can just play and hang out with the sisters. Ah yes. Well, summer is not too far off.

The video (sadly pretty choppy):
[googlevideo=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-108077294966907712]

1 comment:

  1. Sarah is a great girl. It's sad that she has such long days. I've read a couple of articles about how a lot of children don't have time to be children when they are young, so they end up goofing off for a few years once they leave home to make up for it. (I'm not trying to say Sarah has this problem. I just thought it was interesting.) So, being involved in lots of extracurricular activities is good, but it's also nice to have unstructured play time.

    ReplyDelete