Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sick of Sickness

If any of you are in communication with the international council on who gets sick next, please rely to them that it is not our turn any more this year. We have already been abundant recipients of colds, stomach bugs, and all manner of other ailments this year, thank you very much.

Yesterday, Kate was feeling sorry for herself. She had a fever and sustained grumpiness. She had a canker sore on the tip of her tongue and it was ouchy. So I thought a popsicle might help. She knew better and would give us no peace until she had both mine and Ella's as well. She then methodically ate each one. Then she was happy.

Last night, Sarah woke up barfing. This is bad enough. But she insists on giving us a gruesome play by play of all of her intestinal difficulties in great detail. Did I mention this was the middle of the night.

During Sacrament Meeting today, Ella crawled onto my lap and wilted. I bent to kiss her forehead -- burning hot. We took her home 103.3. She's been a limp noodle all afternoon.

Enough already!

5 comments:

  1. My sway with the International Council on Who Gets Sick Next (ICWGSN) isn't what it used to be, but I'll see if I can pull some strings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent has been putting in overtime on the "People who get sick when they can least afford to" council (PWGSWTCLATC), so that might give him some leverage with the ICWGSN, but we are also in the middle of lobbying the board of WWWTGIL (Women Who Want to Go into Labor) with very little success thus far, so I am not too hopeful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My contacts at the ICWGSN aren't coming through for me--something about it being good for your kids to build immunity--but some of my people at the Committee of People Who Help Sick People (CPWHSP) are hopeful that we can get you out of this soon. I've also spoken with the president of Children Rehydrate Best With Frozen Sugar-Filled or Sugar-Free Artificially-Sweetened Liquids on Sticks (CRBWFSFSFASLS) and they think they can get you a year supply of popsicles.

    Julie, I've also called the WWWTGIL and unfortunately they were really unhelpful and won't even talk to me until I'm dilated to a four, which isn't going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isaac and I feel very guilty for your kids' sickness. You'll notice that it was right after we babysat them that everything started going downhill. Maybe we've been carrying sickness bugs for a while and just unloaded them to your kids Saturday night. Sorry. :( I hope they are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to report that all of the lobbying efforts at least seem to have cleared illness from our house for the time being. Kate seems to be sprouting a molar, but that's not technically a sickness . . .

    Oh, Bethy. I'm sure it is your fault. To repay us you need to babysit again!

    ReplyDelete