We're carpooling with some friends (have I ever discussed how I adore carpools?) and their dad drove the first day which means that it wasn't worth the trouble for my kids to put on a show about how scared they were and how they wouldn't get into the water. It worked out great. (Thanks Rob!)
Of course, even though I carefully sunscreened them that first day they still all got fried (Sarah complains that she can't do anything because her back hurts too much). So we went to Target and bought them all rash guards. We got one for Kate too since she'll be taking lessons next time around (you have to be three and her birthday is a week from sunday). Well, she thought this meant that she got to swim too and was quite put out that I wouldn't let her just join one of the classes.
Grandma Shari came to the house to watch Leah so she wouldn't have to wait in the blinding heat with us (this has been a weird summer -- nice and cool for a long time then instantly blazing hot). Yeah for having a grandma nearby! I look forward to having 2 grandmas nearby so I am less likely to wear out my welcome with either of them =)
Yeah, your kids plus the sun isn't exactly a winning combination for health and happiness. But they look so cute with their squinty eyes! And in that last picture Kate looks like she should be in an ad for something.
ReplyDelete