Monday, June 2, 2008

Starring Sarah

As the school year winds up, there are all sorts of contests at school. Sarah has been a finalist for almost all of these. Geography Bee, Spelling Bee, Speech Festival, (not the Math Bowl), Art Fair, & Young Author Competition. She won first place for her young author story and in the art fair. My mom has been begging to see them, so here are her submissions:


[slideshow id=1729382256926213060&w=600&h=400]

5 comments:

  1. First of all, very cool how you did the slideshow thing. Second, Sarah is awesome! She totally takes after me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Sarah! I wish I could be there to give a congratulatory hug in person. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Hooray for Sarah. That is a really impressive story for a 7 year old. It's better than some of the stuff my college students wrote! She has quite a vocabulary and imagination. I see another gifted writer in the family coming along--and artist. Her picture is very cool too. Thanks so much for sharing, Liesl. She's amazing--as all my grandchildren are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Sarah! I hope you hang that painting somewhere. I like the colors of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a star your daughter is - and all of them so cute. So great to find your blog and read all about your and your family.

    ReplyDelete