Friday, March 14, 2008

Full of Surprises

Kate has recently decided that things in the world are going to change to suit her. She insists when we're driving around town that red means go and green means stop because red is pretty and green is yucky. She becomes quite upset when I refuse to drive according to her new rules.

She has also decided that my pantry is her office. She has already taken over a corner of one of the pull out shelves I use for tupperware as a place for her to store pencils, crayons, and little notebooks that she finds. Now she's filled one of Sarah's tap shoes with flotsam and jetsam and stashed it with my canned goods along with a piggy bank and some library books. She will regularly carry her little purse full of random junk into the "office" and close the door behind her. She'll sit in there for quite some time talking and singing to herself as she organizes her things. Sometimes she takes her bitty baby in there with her and I hear scolding and explaining in a voice that I'm sure I don't recognize from anywhere. ahem.


I'm sure Nate the Great is excited to be stored so near the pancake mix.

3 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh! kate is the cutest thing in the world. i love it. i can't wait to see her next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pancake mix. reasonably resealable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious. She and Candice should get along because she's always telling me to go at red lights too.

    ReplyDelete