Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Leelou is two!

Though I have a hard time believing how fast the time has flown, our baby turned two yesterday.  Since she loves all things Elmo, her grandma got a Elmo cake pan for us and she was thrilled with her cake and somewhat overwhelmed by the little party that accompanied it.


Both grandmas came  to help celebrate, along with Katie and the McFarlands



She was so excited by all of her presents: Elmo books and music players from grandma and the McFarlands, a stuffed baby cheetah and little stroller from nana, a cute dress and mega blocks from grandma, a repaired stroller from Nana and a Bitty Baby from us.  She and Joss had a blast racing their strollers around the "racetrack."  Love how she held the presents on her lap with her little toes and the goofy pose she's started doing whenever I ask her to smile for the camera.



Once most of the guests had left, she did decide to taste some of the Elmo cake and quite enjoyed singing to herself as she covered herself in red frosting.  The sisters kindly helped try out all of the new things.  Fun for the whole family!



We sure love our Leah Grace,  She is such a naturally happy child.  She loves to sing to herself and has the sweetest little voice with remarkably accurate pitch.  She calls herself Lally and is getting increasingly better at expressing herself and arranging things to her own satisfaction.  It was a happy day!

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Since I called your house right in the middle of the party, it's almost like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leelu!!!!!!!!!!!! I loveth her so much! I wish I could have been at the party. :( Happy two years to her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love your cake. Andrew was really excited about it too when he saw the pictures. Can't believe she is 2 and Andrew is almost there. Time has flown by!!

    ReplyDelete