Friday, January 29, 2010

ABC Book



Just thought I'd post the pages of the little ABC book I had printed for Leelou's Birthday earlier this month.

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic!
    I think I will be copying you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be too! What program did you use? Is it a board book or just a hard cover book? Details please!

    You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Love it!!!! HOWEVER. I am only in letters A and C. Don't you love me??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's awesome! i'd love to know how you did it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is amazing. I share the general consensus about wanting more details--did you use blurb to publish it? I should make one for Soren's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. Here's the scoop. I made the pages using a program called MemoryMixer which is for digital scrapbooking. You don't need it necessarily, you can use photoshop or something like that too. I troved around online to find free backgrounds and then just matched the color of the font and photo mats to a color in the background. I scoured through all of my photos for the past little while and found things that I could use for all of the different letters. In the final product, all of the one-page spreads were opposite a full page photo. Once I got it all put together (a many-day project), I saved each page as a jpeg image and then made a hardcover photobook from them. I used blurb.com because I really like their imagewrap covers and heavyweight paper (I upgraded to the premium paper). I also needed someplace that had the size I was looking for (7x7in). So I uploaded each page as a full bleed photo and added a bunch of other full page photos as filler (One of the idiosyncrasies of blurb is that there is a set price for a whole range of pages instead of a per page price so I thought why not add more pages). I could, in theory, upload a copy of all of my pages without any photos on them if that would be helpful. Does this help?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Liesl, that is truly amazing!!! How cute and thoughtful. It will be treasured I'm sure!!! So great to see you yesterday!!! I made it back home! Thanks so much for organizing the great rendezvous! love, laurel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! And very proud of my brief cameo under U. :-)

    ReplyDelete