Anyway, I've tried to buy new cushion cores and have tried talking to representatives from the company. I learned that the cushions had a 5 year warranty and I could have had them replaced for free then. Anyway since it has been longer than that it was complicated. Anyway, after we got our tax refund this year I just decided to get it done by a local upholsterer. So I called around and found a place just down the road who would build entirely new cushions for $450 or just rebuild my old ones with new foam and batting for $200. So I took them in and bought polyester fiberfill to restuff the back cushions myself. They came back looking great -- kinda stiff still (though Ella is making it her personal mission to break them in by daily jumping on them), but they look much nicer!

Here are the kids posing on them:
L,
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post!
1. Love what you have done with the couches, they look like they did 7 years ago! Great job...
2. B is a stunning little girl, even when she cries she is adorable
3. I hope you post your talk becuase the topic bonds that set us free is one I would like to hear more about!
We wish we could have been there for another Buskirk blessing :)
Also, the couches look good.
ReplyDeleteThis was just an excuse to post Leah pictures.. and I'm so glad! She looks so cute and small! Leah looks very Buskirky here. And Kate's face in that second picture, I mean, really, what a tease. Ugh, come visit.
ReplyDeleteWow, they do look like brand new couches. I have slept on one of those couches and hope I didn't cause too much of the de-fluffing.
ReplyDeleteAnd dang if your girls aren't so cute that it was hard to look at the couches!
I just love those couches. They are beautiful. The upholsterer did a great job.
ReplyDelete