Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Vertigo

Vertigo

It Sucks. Two weeks ago tomorrow I started having vertigo. It is almost manageable at this point. I think I'm safe driving, for example, which I wasn't at first. But is it is very annoying. Every time I lie down or stand up from horizontal. I have to grab onto something until the world stops spinning. And looking at this picture I've put in the post is making me really dizzy right now, so I'm going to stop.

Anyway, so this is why I've been kind of quiet recently. I have an appointment next week with a Neurologist but I'm not convinced that I don't need an ENT instead and I can't get an appointment with one of them until the middle of May. For a country that has "the best medical care in the world" and for someone with decent insurance, you'd think it wouldn't be so hard to get help with this!

UPDATE:  Since I couldn't get in to see an ENT anytime this century, Allen did a bunch of research online and found a protocol for the "Epley Maneuver" which is the treatment an ENT would do for BPPV (benign paroxymal positional vertigo).  We tried it out and it instantly made me extremely nauseated and then promptly cured me of my vertigo.  Yeah for Allen!  Yeah for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Liesl I had no idea! I'm so sad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liesl--I am SO SORRY!!! That is TERRIBLE!!! Have you gotten any help from a doctor yet??? Is it subsiding? Keep us posted and I will pray for you. love, laurel

    ReplyDelete