I swear that I have lost some significant brain function with each successive pregnancy. Yesterday was Ella's Winter Program at preschool. I was kind of frazzled because the errand I ran on the way there took longer than planned due to Kate dismantling an entire display of greeting cards as I was checking out, so we dashed in just moments before the class came onto the stage. I hurriedly set up my video camera and got Kate situated. Allen came in just as the program was starting and took over helping Kate so I could film and take pictures (our typical division of labor). Well, halfway through the program I decided to move my tripod to avoid some less aware siblings of another child who kept bumping the table I'd balanced it on. So I hit pause and dashed to a new spot between songs. Well, three songs later (after their darling little dance number) I discovered that I 'd forgotten to hit record again, so I missed one big section of the program. Afterwards, I looked around and realized that I'd also neglected to get Sarah from her class so she could watch the program with us. Allen was going into her class afterwards to do a follow-up on the science lecture/experiment he'd done on germs the week before and she said "Is it time for Ella's program?" and was quite sad when he told her she'd missed it.
Sadly, this is not the only time that I have done a series of colossally brainless things in a day and walked around befuddled by my own inability to hold it together. This is just the most recent (and therefore the only one I can recall in any detail, if at all). I shudder to think of how much worse it will be when the depths of sleep deprivation known only to those with a newborn baby are in full swing. My poor children!
In other news, I had my 36 week checkup yesterday and the doc says everything looks good. Baby is head down and everything else seems to be right on target. We're a little nervous about delivering with a doctor instead of a midwife (she got called out of the office for a delivery yesterday and was only gone for 40 minutes -- not quite the level of coaching we're accustomed to. Hopefully it will all progress nicely and we won't notice the lack). We're even more nervous about the fact that we still don't have a name picked out or even some strong contenders to choose from once the little one arrives. Any ideas?
Charlotte
ReplyDeleteRebecca
Lara
Audrey
Briana
Tessa
Camille
Just a few ideas.
Ok, I completely agree with everything that you have said in this blog. (We seem to be living identicle lives- Ok, except gender of children that is.) My brainlessness hit a high point last fall when I lost my wallet (found at the library), locked the baby in the car, and left a pan of mac and cheese cooking on the stove when I went shopping. This was all within a week or so.
ReplyDeleteBefore we found out our baby was another boy I had decided upon Paige for a girl. Other names I have heard of lately are Avery, Lydia, Tori and Laurel.
I've got a couple of little girl names, but I am afraid I have to keep them to myself, on the off chance I happen to have a daughter of my own someday. Sorry.
ReplyDeleteKatherine is a pretty good name. Or Latefertha. Also a great name, especially if she's talking to someone named Kirk.
ReplyDeleteWell, since we used up all the good girl names we knew, I shouldn't be offering advice. But I have discovered there are still a few good names out there. A couple we've run across here in Germany that I like: Mirka and Lilian (Lili), not to mention Waltraud or Brunhilde :-). You can always turn to genealogy charts too for ideas.
ReplyDelete