Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve

This is one of the only times that we have done Christmas Eve entirely by ourselves.

After dinner (we decided on fried rice to use up leftovers from the Chinese Sundaes the night before -- not very festive, I know, but the girls LOVED it) we read the Christmas story from the Bible and used the magnetic nativity from Nana a couple of years ago to illustrate. Then we sang songs for a long time -- I lost my voice yesterday so I wasn't much help and since Ella & Kate can't read well enough, it was mostly a Sarah Allen duet which was nice (though I did give me some sympathy for those who aren't big singers who have to endure the Smithfam marathon singfest when we get together). The we opened Jammies and recorded some songs for the grandparents (see below). We wanted to get all the extra energy out, so we turned on our Ella Fitzgerald Christmas CD (our new favorite of all time) and let the kids (and Allen) dance around for a while before getting everything ready for Santa and heading upstairs for bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. L,
    That was a brilliant idea. I particularly love the matching PJs - I am sure the girls are delighted! I hope you are hanging in there...
    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete