Friday, July 6, 2007

Swimmingly



The big girls finished their first round of swimming lessons today. And I don't understand why it has to be such a drama. Now neither Allen or I is a big daredevil, but were not ridiculous either. Sarah refused to go in the deep end even with a life jacket on.

Ella wouldn't go in the water if the boy teacher was there, only if the girl teacher coaxed her in.



I had to mentally manipulate and then physically force Sarah to go down the tube slide today -- their end of lessons treat. I'm exhausted. Kate is the only one is is unambiguously enthusiastic about getting in the water and she wasn't enrolled. So we busted out the backyard pool on afternoon for her . . .

Since it has been so unbearably hot here, I probably should have gotten into the water with them, but I decided to keep my invalid husband company in the lawn chairs (he can't get his arm wet until the stitches and bandages are removed next week -- generally he's been healing really well though which is good).

2 comments:

  1. What I wouldn't give for a swimming pool right about now. I know I spent the bulk of June in California with pool access, but I think it just spoiled me.

    NYC has a woeful lack of swimming pools. At least ones that I can get in to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics, Liesl! I think one of the biggest struggles of parenthood is trying to get your kids to do the things you know they will want you to have made them do when they're older. They're going to want to know how to swim, right? They'll be glad they can play the piano or eat with nice table manners, but they sure don't make it easy for you now.

    ReplyDelete