It was really fun to send a couple of afternoons with Meilani and her kids while they were out here visiting. One day she came to our place and the next day we drove up Hobble Creek Canyon to Emily's in-laws cabin to hang out with them there. Isn't it amazing how there are some friends who you can just pick up where you left off even if you've been kind of out of touch. I'm sure there are friends where that doesn't work so well too, but I guess those aren't the ones that call us when they're passing through Utah (one of the enormous benefits of living here in the center of Mormondom). We had friends from Cambridge, California, and Williamsburg come by too and it was just so nice to see them and see the grown children who we watched learning to walk careening through our house and (hopefully) feeling a little bit at home with us. I love seeing old friends.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Old Friends
It was really fun to send a couple of afternoons with Meilani and her kids while they were out here visiting. One day she came to our place and the next day we drove up Hobble Creek Canyon to Emily's in-laws cabin to hang out with them there. Isn't it amazing how there are some friends who you can just pick up where you left off even if you've been kind of out of touch. I'm sure there are friends where that doesn't work so well too, but I guess those aren't the ones that call us when they're passing through Utah (one of the enormous benefits of living here in the center of Mormondom). We had friends from Cambridge, California, and Williamsburg come by too and it was just so nice to see them and see the grown children who we watched learning to walk careening through our house and (hopefully) feeling a little bit at home with us. I love seeing old friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WE love seeing you, too! And there aren't many places where our son can pull every piece of furniture out of place and not have the mom bat an eye. Thanks for putting up with us for a few hours!
ReplyDelete