Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Day

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.  Allen slept in.  The girls played happily.  I made pies and listened to good music.  Around noon we showed up at the Johnsons (Allen's sister's family) and had fun hanging out with them.  Grandma brought a cool foam placemat craft and the Johnson boys were so cute in helping the little girls do theirs.  Some girls are going to luck out some day in marrying those boys.

 

Shauna and Randy were busy in the kitchen. Their turkey was quite possibly the best one I've ever tasted.


Everybody loved the food.


Tryptophan induced narcolepsy


Hanging out with grandma


Shauna, Randy & I scoured the huge stack of Black Friday Ads Randy collected. Nobody has the Christmas Spirit like the Johnsons. It was fun to bask in it!

We really are thankful for wonderful families who we genuinely enjoy spending time with. It was so nice to have Allen and the girls home for the holiday weekend. Despite all the grumpy things I say about them (working on that), boy howdy do I like them all. Hope your holiday was as joyous!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liesl. I am realizing that I didn't respond to your email. I would love to see you and your kids this Holiday season. I will contact you the next time I am going to Provo (should happen next week maybe). Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete