Friday, June 11, 2010

Touring London



I must admit that I really seem to have lost the will to take a lot of pictures.   I would blame it on being with Allen who notoriously hates living life for photos sake, but I didn't do so well when I was on my own either.  In any case, I'll add photos where I have them and try to remember what else we did . . .

Thursday -- arrive in London from Hamburg.  Get settled in at Laurel's.

Friday -- Westminster Abbey, Macbeth at Globe, Southwark Catherdral, Indian food with Dougalls



Saturday -- Museum of London, Leicester Square, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Westminster, Regent's Park



Sunday -- St Barts Trinity Sunday, Oxford Street



Monday -- Tower of London



Tuesday -- ARB workshop, LMB shopping and walking around Mayfair

Wednesday -- V&A museum, Opera

Thursday -- Canterbury





Friday -- Poppy Day class, Imperial War Museum, Primrose Hill



Saturday -- Camden Market, Mexican Restaurant, Cadogan Hall-Haydn Creation



Sunday -- Hyde Park, Windsor



Monday -- High Tea at Kensington Orangery, Paddington





Tuesday -- Cycling in Regent's Park, fly to NYC, brief late visit with Kim





Wednesday -- fly home!



Initially my plan for this blog post was to write down all the things, add pictures and then add commentary, but I find that I don't want to add much commentary.  Suffice it to say that I had a wonderful trip.  I actually loved the cool London weather.  It was so nice to spend some time alone with Allen and to see so many cool things.  London is definitely a city where it would be fun to live for a while.  There is so much history and so many interesting things to do.  I loved seeing the places that I've read about in so many books.  It was great to see Laurel in her element and to steal a few moments of Kim's time in the wee hours.  And the kids had a great time with their grandparents while we were gone.  You can see some of their adventures on Kristina's blog.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! These pics make me happy, especially the ones of you and Allen enjoying some romantic European vacation time. Woot. Also, I like the "high tea."

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are fantastic. I really want to go to Europe one day and I really want some of that fancy tea.

    ReplyDelete