Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas is coming



I finally finished the Nativity Quilts I was making for my mom and mother-in-law and have had so many people ask to see pictures, that I am posting one here.  The pattern was from Tracy M's etsy shop.  It was definitely a bigger project than I originally envisioned, but I really had a great time making them and the girls really enjoyed helping too.  Kate even laid out an entire "quilt" of her own using scraps from the baby quilt/crib bumpers I made for Sarah (yes, that was the last time I made a quilt. you begin to see why the project was big) and drew her own pattern on a paper that she wanted me to trace onto fusible webbing.  It was a good reminder to me how much I really do like working on creative projects.  I should do it more often (than once every 8 years).  I gave them the quilts early because I wanted them to be able to use them this year for decorating and because I couldn't stand the suspense (and the scrambling to hide any evidence whenever either of them came over).   Merry merry.

1 comment:

  1. I was about to chastise you for ruining the surprise since I know mom checks your blog. Good job! I likes it! It looks cute/cuddly.

    ReplyDelete