There were, of course, a couple of moments . . . (doesn't she just look miserable? When she's really mad she pulls out her ponytail and throws her pacifier to show her distress)
Or if she's bored she pulls off her shoes and socks and tries sucking on her toes. gross.
The big girls took turns sitting in the front by Leah. I've gotta say, Kate was the best at chasing down the thrown pacifiers and Ella takes the prize for making her giggle the most.
She did enjoy playing on her little laptop and was very enthusiastic when we had music she liked on -- just singing along and dancing away in her little carseat. She's got some serious moves.
We took the northerly route so we could go to Mount Rushmore on the way -- I mean how often is South Dakota on your way to anywhere. I think the kids liked it. We took a little hike around under the Presidents and they were definitely happy to be moving around and not confined in buckles.
We've decided that we have pretty great kids and are glad we had some time together as a family. But I think we'll take a little while off before going on a long car ride again =)
I forgot that you guys were going out to Madison. Hope another post about your time there is forthcoming!
ReplyDeleteYAY! Great pictures! And I'm jealous you got to go to Mt. Rushmore. Fun times. Next road trip for you guys: D.C.!!!!!! I <3 your kids! And you!
ReplyDeletewow. you guys are fast. I just posted this like 2 minutes ago. Yes, I'm working on the other posts. Just thought I'd break it into separate posts to prolong the enjoyment =)
ReplyDeleteYou are brave. Glad they did so well. Andrew did some of those pacifier throwing tantrum like things on our flight to Boston. Maybe if he'd had a ponytail to pull out he wouldn'tve pulled my hair :) Looking forward to hopefully seeing you guys sometime this weekend.
ReplyDeleteExcellent point about "how many times is SD on the way to anywhere." Hmmm. That impacts my summer travel plans.
ReplyDelete