On Saturday, we got together with the Johnsons, Shari, and Kev & Kristina to celebrate ADB's birthday. Leah & Andrew got to hang out.
On Monday night we drove up to Layton to visit with two of Allen's old roommates Brad and Russell from college and their families. It was really fun to see them and see they really great people they've become (they were always really cool and interesting). I didn't manage to take any photos.
Tuesday Morning, Meilani (my best friend from my childhood) and her kids came over to play and hang out. Julie & her family also came back to stay with us for a few days after their family reunion. We tried out a new craft (called nuudles) and had a great time.
Thursday we drove up to Farmington to see my old roommates Amy, Tami, & April and their families (again I forgot to take pictures). It is neat because, as with Allen's friends, we have all had kind of parallel lives with kids around the same ages and similar school/work tracks but in very different places. I was remarking at how funny it is to me that of my freshman year friends I am the only one who is living a "boring" life -- the others are or have been living in London, Sweden, India, Manhattan, Hawaii. It is hard at first not to let that give me itchy feet, but then I remind myself that we have a good life too. Just different. Luckily I can live vicariously through these dear friends=) The kids had an awesome time playing with all the kids and the toys in the Richardsons' really neat basement.
There is a get-together on Saturday for people from Saratoga where Allen grew up. All of this in one week. Pretty fun. But kinda strange to have it all converge like this.
With kids as freaking amazingly adorable as yours, your life will NEVER EVER be boring! Amen to Utah being a gathering place. Speaking of, I might want to come crash at your place over some long weekend sometime. I'll keep you posted.
ReplyDeleteLeah's face in that picture with Andrew is priceless.
I look at that picture of Leah and Andrew at least 3 times a day, just so you know.
ReplyDelete