Tuesday, September 4, 2007

More Color

The girls felt quite slighted that I painted my room when they've been wanting me to paint theirs "forever," so yesterday (conditional upon their putting away all of their clothes), we trekked over to Lowes to pick out paint for their room.  We decided on a nice cool purple --Violet Whimsy, it is named--instead of Pepto Bismol Pink which was being lobbied for with great enthusiasm.  We also found some large self-adhesive fairies which tie in their sheets and bring the colors together.


We also found these cute curtains and decided to replace the cumbersome sliding closet doors with these (strung on tension rods behind the moldings).  I'm not 100% sure about them, but we're trying them out.  I needed to touch up some paint on one of the sets of doors too so even if we decide to change back, it won't be a total loss of effort.  The girls have had a really hard time getting at their clothes behind the doors and can't see what they have all at the same time, etc.



So, what do you think?  Should I go for it?  Do the whole room?  One wall?  Two walls?  I dread painting the built in bookshelves at the head of the bunkbeds (I cleverly didn't photograph those).  I wonder if there is any way to leave them as is without it looking funny (never thought I'd dislike the rounded corners . . .)  Opinions?

2 comments:

  1. Paint the room! Just leave the bookshelves white.

    I think the curtains look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Coey. Paint at least one wall and just leave the bookshelves as is (are?). I also like the curtains if they're easier for the girls to manage, though I think the doors look classier.

    ReplyDelete