Friday, March 23, 2007

Too Much?

So I was in Costco earlier and they had a beautiful big wool rug. I have been thinking about buying one for months, especially after spending an exorbitant amount of money to get my carpets kind of clean and thinking -- oh how I wish this family room carpet were darker. Anyway. So they had one. It is big. It is also more expensive than I would usually spend on some decorating item, but less than it would probably cost to recarpet the room in a darker carpet. So, what do you think? Is it too much? Or is it not worth the $365 it cost (comparable rugs other places run well over $1000 -- who knows how Costco can offer these for so little)? Advise me before I have to ask my husband if we can keep it.

6 comments:

  1. I love the rug. Gorgeous color. It really warms up the room. And $365 is a great price. Man I miss Costco. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! isorry, feeding a baby, so i'm typing one-handed. i think it is a beautiful rug and will make a big difference in the room-esp. keeping those carpets clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice says that is a good deal for a rug. All of my rugs so far have been hand-me-down's from Julie that I carry on the Chinatown bus from Boston to New York, so I have no idea. But doesn't it look a lot like mom's new kitchen rug?

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny you should mention Mom's rug, Bry. It is in fact the exact same rug. But you see more of it here since we don't have a dining table & chairs on it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. I thought so. Although, I have to admit that Candice noticed it first.

    ReplyDelete