Wednesday, March 28, 2007

9 years



Life is good.

It's our anniversary. 9 loooong years (as Allen would say)

Fun to think back on our beginnings and appreciate all we've shared.

I dug up and scanned some of the old wedding photos. Fun times.

In some ways it is funny to celebrate anniversaries, the life we lead together is already the reward. It is fun to have an excuse to go someplace special and to remember the way we felt back then. We certainly were in love then, but the years have taught us both how much deeper those rivers can flow. How blessed we are.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Allen and Liesl! 9 years! Wow! Congradulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. 9 years. I remember that day. Hard to believe it's been so long.

    It's true though - when you are a newlywed you think that you can't possibly love this person any more than you do right that minute. And then the years pass...and you realize that love is a living growing thing. I can't imagine what it will be like in another 10 years. Who knew it was possible to feel like this??

    Congrats to you. Now we just have to convince Allen that a family trip to Disney World is just what you need to celebrate your 10th anniversary. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. 9 years?! I still remember it like it wasn't very long ago. I haven't been married qutie as long, but I've already started to see what you mean about a depth of love coming over time in marriage.

    If you can't get to Disney World, you should at least come out here.

    ReplyDelete