Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Science Fair

How glad I was to come home to the mayhem of night before the Science Fair.  Sarah has really taken ownership of her project in a lot of ways this year, but the pulling it all together and throwing it onto a poster board was saved for me to do with her last night.

I know you all want to know . . .



The project is on how to keep your cut flowers fresh the longest.  Here's the scoop after two weeks :

5 comments:

  1. I'm surprised the bleach flowers look better than the water ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is mostly water with 1ml of bleach added to kill bacteria. Pretty sure straight bleach would've killed them immediately

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the "recipe" with the 7-up? Same? Just a little bit mixed in the water? I would imagine 7-up has citric acid, I wonder if that's what helped those flowers look the best. (They are the ones that look the best to me, anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So can I put in a request for a follow-up study comparing the difference between 7-up and store brand lemon-lime sodas? :)

    ReplyDelete