A couple of weeks ago I was rereading Twilight (yes, I know) and found tucked in its pages a little love note left there the last time I read it:
Consider the laundry of the floor -- How it grows, how it grows. Though it is soiled, it does not spin. And Allen, in all his glory, Is arrayed in none of these, For insufficient to the day Is the laundry thereof.
Brilliant. It's too good not to share (and earn some filthy lucre off of), so send it to Reader's Digest, Liesl. Here, as a true friend I'm providing you with a link: http://www.rd.com/submitJokePage.do
Sounds more like a loving reminder that laundry isn't getting done fast enough. Clever boy. Now send him one back, encouraging him to do it himself occasionally...
How nice of him to put his disgruntled thoughts into verse--so much better than grumbling or complaining out loud--which I'm sure he never would do :-). And how ingenious of him to stick it in a book he knew you'd find. Go, Allen!
Love it! Unfortunately, the same poem could be written at our house. I'm pleading the excuse of recovering from childbirth. But really, I just feel lazy.
I love it. I hope it worked.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant. It's too good not to share (and earn some filthy lucre off of), so send it to Reader's Digest, Liesl. Here, as a true friend I'm providing you with a link:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.rd.com/submitJokePage.do
Sounds more like a loving reminder that laundry isn't getting done fast enough. Clever boy. Now send him one back, encouraging him to do it himself occasionally...
ReplyDeleteHahaha wow. That's awesome. Maybe you should submit that to passiveaggressivenotes.com...
ReplyDeleteHow nice of him to put his disgruntled thoughts into verse--so much better than grumbling or complaining out loud--which I'm sure he never would do :-). And how ingenious of him to stick it in a book he knew you'd find. Go, Allen!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Unfortunately, the same poem could be written at our house. I'm pleading the excuse of recovering from childbirth. But really, I just feel lazy.
ReplyDelete