Our Ella's birthday is in the middle of August which, around here, is the week school starts. We've never managed to have a birthday party for her because things were invariably too busy or she'd just started a new school and didn't really have friends yet or... or ... or ...
This year, Ella was definitely aware of all of the excitement surrounding Sarah's party 2 weeks ago and she decided that it just wasn't fair. So we talked about it and decided a la Kevin to celebrate her half birthday instead. A couple of years ago Target had some great easter hats in their dollar bins and I bought six. The next year they had white gloves and I bought those. We had the start of a fun tea party. So we invited 5 friends and had them come in party dresses.
We started things out by having them color some wooden flowers as place cards at the table
Then we had each girl choose some silk flowers and ribbon and decorated their hats. They each chose a feather boa and some mardi gras beads to complete their ensemble.
Don't they look great!
Then we played pin the teacup on the teapot and teacup, teacup, cream puff (duck duck goose) which was fun. We decided to open presents next.
And then we went in for tea. Ella blew out the 5 1/2 candles on the half cake
We served cream puffs, raspberry cream cheese tea sandwiches, little club sandwiches (which were a surprise favorite), cake and apple juice for tea.
We had a lot of fun and Ella was thrilled to be the star for once (we think Sarah might need some therapy, because she was not happy about Ella getting so much attention).
That is the cutest party idea ever! So creative and the girls looked darling! I loved the half cake too.
ReplyDeleteI love all the girly things- I only do pirates and sports and boy stuff. We had a very detailed conversation this weekend because I have two boys who had half birthdays this weekend. They wanted me to make them each a half cake. (I would have if I had had time).
ReplyDeleteSo my Tanner is exactly 5 1/2. I didn't realize that he and Ella shared birthdays (his is Aug 20th). Jaxon is about 5 months older than Sarah. Alex turns 3 in April (When is Kate's?). And our babies are only a week or so apart. Seriously... in 18 years we need to get them all together.
So cute!! Yay for Ella getting a party! I LOVE the hats and the half cake and how Kate is crossing her legs in her solo pic. The abundant life is back!
ReplyDeleteSooooooo fun! I love it!
ReplyDeletetoo cute! almost makes me wish i had a girl!
ReplyDelete