We also found some fabulous boots that are sooo comfortable -- they're dressy boots for church or to wear with nice pants. I wasn't totally sure that I'd wear them enough to make the investment worth it, but I put them on Wednesday morning before I went out to meet my mom to celebrate our birthday together and wow, I'm sold.
Wednesday Shari picked up Ella's carpool (which was a great gift in and of itself), brought lunch for the girls, and tended them all afternoon. I ran some errands and then went to pick up my mom. We'd planned to go to Thai Ruby, bu BYU for lunch, but they were closed for the winter break so we drove to the Bombay House and they were closed for lunch, so then we called Mary Ann for advice. She suggested Bangkok Grill which turned out to be wonderful. We had a nice lunch and then drove to the same furniture stores again to look at couches for my mom's basement this time. We told the salesman who was shadowing us that it was our birthday and were shocked to hear that it was his birthday too! So we lounged around on the sofas and had a very relaxing time. When we came home, Shari and the girls surprised us with a birthday cake!
They were so excited about it that we had a piece on the spot before scurrying over to the McFarlands who had so kindly invited us over for dinner. Mary Ann made homemade lasagna (which the girls wolfed down and are still talking about) homemade bread for garlic bread, and delicious salad and a sumptuous chocolate layer cake. yum! How blessed we are to have such wonderful friends who take such good care of us! And delicious as the food was, the conversation (and play for the kids) was even better!
I'd foolishly driven our car into a snow patch in front of the McFarlands, so it was an adventure having them (and some friendly random neighbors) push us out (I learned that my new boots are cute, but not made for pushing cars in). But we made it out and home and just as we pulled in, my wonderful visiting teachers pulled up with great hugs and a gift (you can see the picture of Christ they brought on the bottom shelf of my new table). I felt so loved!
So yes, it was a great day. Thanks to all who wished us well. Your wishes obviously worked!
Happy Belated Birthday Liesl!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a great day . . . I'm envious! :) laurel
I would comment on everything, but there are so many new posts! Suffice to say, you have the cutest family on the face of the earth, I'm glad you had a happy birthday, and I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with you over Christms. Love ya!
ReplyDeletei love (!!) that last picture. how happy. i want it on my wall. also, i should probably confess that i stole a piece of cake when i was over yesterday. yummy. and i love the table! good find!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute pic of you and your girls! Hope your happy day lasted longer than just the one!
ReplyDelete