Isn't it neat? It is called "...And To All A Good Night" The little elf near the top of the tree is reading T'was the Night Before Christmas. We got to see the Johnsons for a few minutes too.
There were so many different trees. Some of the most unique were the glass tree
The wooden tree
Some very timely ones -- "A Cullen Christmas" based on the Twilight Series
A High School Musical tree donated by the cast of the HSM movies with lots of autographed stuff
An American Girl Doll tree
There was a gingerbread man tree
A nutcracker tree
Trees so covered in bling that you can't see the tree
A construction zone tree
A pink princess tree that was a huge hit with Kate
A golf club tree
There were gingerbread houses. Including this castle
A replica of the SLC temple
It was really fun to see all of the creative approaches to decorating a tree. The way the whole thing works (as far as I could tell) is that the trees and decorations are donated (sometimes sponsored, sometimes just by the people who decorate them). Many are in honor of someone who died or a sick child. Bidders come to a silent auction on the first night of the festival and purchase the trees (there are also mini trees, wreaths, crafts, etc). Sometimes these are individuals or families. Sometimes they are businesses. Then the public comes to see the trees. The proceeds of the sale of the trees (etc) as well as admission to the festival all go to benefit Primary Children's hospital. It is a really neat thing and we had a great time. I was glad that Allen could sneak away to join us and so grateful to Shari for making it all happen!
FUN!!! Aww I reallllly would have loved to go. I love festivals of trees! I absolutely NEED the Cullen tree. Also, the HSM one. But they all look so fabulous! What a fun time! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.
ReplyDeleteSo, my question is, Were there any actual CHRISTmas trees?
ReplyDeleteWow, those trees are amazing. I wonder if we have anything like that around here. I imagine the kids had a great time ogling them!
ReplyDelete