Sunday, January 6, 2008

Leah Grace?

We have a baby! Yipee.




I'll give more details later, but the bare facts are these: she was born at 3:56 am on January 5th. She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and was 19.5 inches long. She's cute and seems good natured. We are still not sold on the name, but had to write down something before they'd let us leave the hospital. We can change our minds as long as we do so before the birth certificate lady enters our info tomorrow.




Aren't we pink?

13 comments:

  1. She is so cute. I like Leah a lot. I am not totally sold on Grace, but it is a middle name, so it doesn't mattter as much. Candice likes Leah Grace together and said one of her coolest aunts was named Leah. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is fine, as would be any name that you chose for this sweet, adorable grandchild.

    Love

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh. She is SOOOOOOOOO cute! Boy do you guys know how to have cute kids. She is absolutely precious. I didn't really like Leah much when you first mentioned it, but it's growing on me and I think it goes well with Buskirk. Grace isn't my favorite name either, but it also goes well with Leah. She's your child, so you choose what you want! We'll take her with any name.
    Good job, Meepi!
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! She is sooo beautiful, a great addition to the rest of your adorable family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats!! i've been thinking of you this week :) she's so cute and i'm glad she's here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah Grace is an absolutely beautiful name for a perfectly adorable baby. I wish I could be there to hold her and cuddle her, but that will have to wait a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah!! I love all of that beautiful hair. The girls look pleased as punch to have "living" americal doll :) Good work!
    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see in Kate's eyes the glimmer of ownership. You're right. She definitely thinks Leah belongs to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's another beautiful Buskirk princess! I love her long, piano-virtuoso fingers! I'm like Mom - I didn't like the name Leah too much, but in my case, it's only because I associate it with the older, homelier sister of Rachel's from the Bible. It's actually a very nice name besides that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. darn. i guess Latefertha is out of the question since she was born before her due date. ahh! who does that?!

    so it's lee-uh not lay-uh right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! What a beautiful little girl! And I can't believe how big the big girls are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the name Leah. Congrats on such good work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is so beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete