Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sew What?

dresses.JPGI got a big sense of accomplishment from a very traditional task: Sewing. Sarah has been pestering me to sew her a fleece dress, so last week after Speech Therapy, we stopped at JoAnn’s and I let her choose some fabric. I puzzled out the pattern and the next morning she had a new dress for school. There was enough fabric left over to sew one for Ellie as well. They have been wearing them nonstop. They call them their “Love dresses” because “Mommy must love us to spend a whole day making dresses for us and they’re so snuggly it is like getting a big hug.” Being a mom has its good moments . . .

4 comments:

  1. I love your children. I love you too, but, well, your kids are special. :) Good job on the dresses, you domestic thing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. It is so fun to have you nearby so you can watch them grow with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you expected a comment on every post, but it looks like that's what I'm doing.

    So, I miss you kids. It was fun when all of you lived in Boston, so I could come visit often. I've been sad to see most of the family abandon the NE, but I guess I'm about to do it too, so I can't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We thought it was so awesome that you came up to visit so often when we were in Boston. You were so gracious about it that it was easy to forget what a sacrifice (in time, etc) it was for you to come hang out with us. We sure enjoyed it though. Remember the one time when you came up and went to the Hickman's Valentine's party with Allen since I was out of town? Good times.

    I welcome comments wherever you think of something to say. You can also write a post yourself, any of you. You click on the "Blogger" icon thing in the upper LH corner and it should take you to the dashboard (you'll probably have to log in). Click on the blog title or on "new post" and it will take you to the form. You can download a plugin to post directly from MSWord as well. If this all eascpes you, you can email your thoughts to me and I'll post them for you =)-->

    ReplyDelete